EA Sports’ FIFA series release is the most awaited among millions of soccer fans around the world every year. And just 18 days away from the release of FIFA 22, EA has revealed the top 22 players in the game ranking Lionel Messi as the world’s best player with a whopping 93 rating. But for the first time in decades, Cristiano Ronaldo has been downgraded and failed to score a place in the top two of the list.
As reported by Eurogamer, Lionel Messi is followed by Bayern Munich polish striker Robert Lewandowski with a 92 rating. Cristiano Ronaldo for his part is joint third alongside Manchester City’s Kevin De Bruyne, Kylian Mbappe and Neymar of PSG, and Atletico de Madrid keeper Jan Oblak with a rating of 91.
Is Cristiano Ronaldo’s FIFA 22 downgrade justified?
This year’s episode of Ronaldo falling to third and Lewandowski to the second-place spot in the FIFA series seems to have divided the soccer fans. Some support Ronaldo while others believe that Lewandowski’s second-place spot is the result of his remarkable performance.
Although, Ronaldo is the soccer legend and the most beloved among soccer fans. He remains at the peak of his powers and never slows down with age. And that’s why soccer fans feel disheartened as Ronaldo is demoted from second to the third spot in FIFA 22 ranking.
However, Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah has suffered a major downgrade in the rating. Undoubtedly, Liverpool’s Salah drives the club almost solo to the top four of the Premier League. He was in his best form last season. Instead of that, he faces a one-point reduction from 90 to 89 in the overall rating.
Here are the top 22 rated players according to FIFA 22 Ranking list:
- Lionel Messi – Paris Saint-Germain – RW – 93 rated
- Robert Lewandowski – Bayern Munich – ST – 92 rated
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Manchester United – ST – 91 rated
- Kevin De Bruyne – Manchester City – CM – 91 rated
- Kylian Mbappe – PSG – ST – 91 rated
- Neymar – PSG – LW – 91 rated
- Jan Oblak – Atletico Madrid – GK – 91 rated
- Harry Kane – Tottenham Hotspur – ST – 90 rated
- N’Golo Kante – Chelsea – CDM – 90 rated
- Manuel Neuer – Bayern Munich – GK – 90 rated
- Marc-Andre Ter Stegen – Barcelona – GK – 90 rated
- Mohamed Salah – Liverpool – RW – 89 rated
- Gianluigi Donnaruma – PSG – GK – 89 rated
- Karim Benzema – Real Madrid – CF – 89 rated
- Virgil van Dijk – Liverpool – CB – 89 rated
- Joshua Kimmich – Bayern Munich – CDM – 89 rated
- Heung-Min Son – Tottenham Hotspur – LM – 89 rated
- Alisson Becker – Liverpool – GK – 89 rated
- Thibaut Courtois – Real Madrid – GK – 89 rated
- Casemiro – Real Madrid – CDM – 89 rated
- Ederson – Manchester City – GK – 89 rated
- Sadio Mane – Liverpool – LW – 89 rated
FIFA 22 is set to launch on October 1 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC, and Google Stadia, one who chooses to pre-order the Ultimate Edition can access the game on September 27.
To precisely mimic the athletic moves of real-world football stars, EA has introduced HyperMotion with other upgrades like enhanced ball physics and meteorological effects. Also, the Career Mode of the game has been upgraded with plenty of customization allowing each player to create their unique team club.
Do tell us in the comment section what you think about the latest ratings!