After ID@Xbox Indie Showcase, Nintendo kicked off its latest Indie World showcase which brought several new announcements for Switch owners. The show featured many confirmed ports, timed exclusives, and a few unanticipated reveals.
The important news is that both ‘Loop Hero’ and ‘Tetris Effect: Connected’ are coming to Switch and also much-anticipated indie games like ‘Axiom Verge 2’ and ‘Garden Story’ also got a surprise release after the show.
Here’s everything announced at Nintendo’s Indie World Showcase:
Tetris Effect: Connected
Tetris Effect: Connected is going to release on Nintendo Switch on October 8, 2021, and brings with it the single-player Journey mode, the competitive Zone Battle mode, and the cooperative Connected mode. Also, it will be released on the same day as the Switch (OLED Model) and Metroid Dread.
Axiom Verge 2
The much-anticipated Axiom Verge 2 will be available on Nintendo Switch later today and tells a prequel story of a new hero who is not only fighting for her life but is also empowered by the same microscopic machines that gradually consume her humanity.
Loop Hero will arrive on Nintendo Switch this Winter after being exclusive to PC. Using expanding decks of cards, you have to craft the world that the hero travels through, and it’s up to you to ensure they survive each loop as long as they can before returning to safety or succumbing to a horrible fate.
Eastward is an action-adventure RPG that is set in a post-apocalyptic world and features both puzzle-solving and dungeon elements. You can explore bustling towns, curious campsites, and shady forests when Eastward arrives on Nintendo Switch exclusively on September 16.
Other games annoucned at Indie World Showcase
- Boyfriend Dungeon from Kitfox Games (out yesterday)
- Necrobarista: Final Pour from Route 59 / Coconut Island Games (out yesterday)
- Islanders: Console Edition from GrizzlyGames / Coatsink (out yesterday)
- Garden Story from Picogram / Rose City Games (out yesterday)
- Slime Rancher: Plortable Edition from Monomi Park (out yesterday)
- Curious Expedition 2 from Maschinen-Mensch / Thunderful Publishing (out yesterday)
- TOEM from Something We Made (this fall/autumn)
- Shovel Knight: Pocket Dungeon from Vine / Yacht Club Games (winter 2021)
- Hundred Days – Winemaking Simulator from Broken Arm Games (winter 2021)
- Gang Beasts from Boneloaf (winter 2021)
- ASTRONEER from System Era Softworks (January 2022)
- FAR: Changing Tides from Okomotive / Frontier Foundry (early 2022)
- Bomb Rush Cyberfunk from Team Reptile (2022)
- Metal Slug Tactics from Leikir Studio / Dotemu (2022)
- LumbearJack from Finalboss Games / Armor Games (2022)
So, these were some announcements made during Nintendo’s new Indie World showcase, and if you’ve anything to say then write it in the comment section. Until then stay tuned for more updates.