Whenever the word entrepreneurship strikes our mind some big names come across like Elon Musk, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, and Jeff Bezos. As we notice certain patterns of their work and contributions to the world we can define real entrepreneurship. These big names associated with entrepreneurship have all done beyond making economic profits, that is they have provided services contributing to our daily lives from the invention of computers to revolutionary e-commerce, solving our daily problems.
Now let’s understand what exactly does the word entrepreneur means.
What Do The Term Entrepreneurship, Exactly Mean?
Entrepreneurship was basically concerned with creating a business and scaling to generate profit but with modern times the definition has evolved. Entrepreneurs are the transformers, the problem solvers, the people who look to certain problems and solve them in order to ease lifestyles.
Entrepreneurship entails an entrepreneur who takes action to transform the world. Take it the case of startup entrepreneurs who solve a problem that many are going through each day, bring people with different innovative minds together, and eventually build something revolutionary that forwards society. The necessary step is to take action.
It is never the case that a sudden idea struck Into mind and over it, you can become an entrepreneur but the most important step is execution. Entrepreneurship is all about the execution of ideas.
Why do people look up to entrepreneurs?
- Job creation: entrepreneurs build empires, businesses and that requires manforce and technology which ultimately creates jobs.
- Revolutionary changes in society: revolutionary changes in technology have been achieved through new innovations and creative thinking. This problem solving attitude often increases efficiency, or improves the world.
- Increase national income: the entrepreneur adds on new wealth and growth, creates new markets and generates income.
- Problem solving: Entrepreneurs employ their organisational skills such as planning, coordinating and controlling to bridge the gap of economy. There is a big contribution of entrepreneurship to the economy, competition, social and political stability.
How can you become a successful entrepreneur?
Some of the regimes or habits that you need to follow to be a successful entrepreneur may vary from person to person or these are not the absolute ones that will surely turn you to be a successful entrepreneur but would inculcate something out of you and would surely add on to your prep or way to be one.
- Risk taking attitude: A person who would evaluate every step in order to avoid failure could never become a successful entrepreneur, he needs to make big and quick decisions in a short time. It is well said by Steve”the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.”
- Persistent and self belief: One who is Persistent and has a self belief can achieve anything and turn luck one to his/her side.
- Find a solution to serve the audience: behind every idea there is some cause or problem which needs to be solved and this belief that your solution will prove to be valuable to the target market is a strong thing.
- Never stop learning and never give up: this attitude definitely counts and even makes you rich from rag. Steve Jobs has said that you should “have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.”
Summarizing this article with a note from big entrepreneurs:
Ratan Tata, an Indian industrialist, and philanthropist state that many people say that things cannot be done but it’s your job to make it done and remove the myths.
Elon Musk, an entrepreneur and a business magnet says, “You’ve got to be prepared to do whatever it takes, work whatever hours. No task is too menial. I think that’s the right attitude for the CEO of a startup.”