After a great success of Galaxy S20 FE – probably due to the combination of features it offered with an attractive price – Samsung is now looking all set to introduce its successor Galaxy S21 FE later this year. Even some reports are suggesting that Samsung is expected to hold a launch event on Aug. 19 for Galaxy Z Fold3, Galaxy Z Flip3, and Galaxy S21 FE. And thankfully, the latest images shared by reputable leaker Evan Blass on Twitter give us a first look at the Galaxy S21 FE, exposing its design, color options, and some features too.
As you can see in the tweet above, the smartphone seems to have a similar design to that of the Galaxy S21+ and its base model, but instead, of featuring a plastic camera housing, it has a metal one and also has a metal frame. Other things that can be seen in the images are – a vertical triple camera system and an LED flash next to it, in the phone’s back; talking about the front, the Galaxy S21 FE seems to have slim bezels with an Infinity-O display design; and on the right edge, it has a volume rocker and a power button.
Although Samsung’s 2021 line-up shows the Galaxy S21 series, the S20 FE from the 2020 lineup (might get a price cut), and the S21 FE.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE expected specifications
Considering previous leaks and reports, the Galaxy S21 FE might feature the following –
- A 6.5-inch Super AMOLED Infinity-O display with Full HD+ resolution with a 120Hz refresh rate
- Dimensions are said to be 155.7 x 74.5 x 7.9mm and will run Android 11 straight out of the box
- It will be equipped with a Snapdragon 888 processor and is said to have 6GB/8GB RAM and 128GB/256GB internal storage
- It might lack a microSD card slot, so storage space expansion might not be possible
According to some rumors, the Galaxy S21 FE is also said to feature –
- A 32MP selfie camera, similar to that of the Galaxy S20 FE
- A rear camera setup featuring a 12MP primary camera with OIS, a 12MP ultrawide camera, and an 8MP or 12MP telephoto camera
- Its connectivity options might include 5G, GPS, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, and a USB Type-C port
- Powered by a 4,500mAh battery with 25W fast charging, fast wireless charging, and reverse wireless charging
Other features of the upcoming Galaxy S21 FE could include stereo speakers, IP68 certification for dust and water resistance, Samsung Pay, and an under-display fingerprint reader.
The phone will be available in four colors as per the leaks – Black, Lilac (purple), Olive Green, and White. The much-awaited Samsung Galaxy S21 FE will be priced in the range of KRW 750,000 ($640) to KRW 850,000 ($730), and won’t actually replace the Galaxy S20 FE from 2020, but it will instead serve as an upgrade on the Galaxy Note 20.
Do tell us in comments what you think about Samsung Galaxy S21 FE so far!