The Queen’s Gambit Season 2 Isn't Happening

Scott Frank and William Holberg the executive producers and director of the worldwide hit Netflix series “The Queen’s Gambit” have recently confirmed (via Deadline) that there’ll be no second series, no prequel, no follow-up movie, nothing. This indeed comes as a checkmate for fans who were hoping to see Anna Taylor-Joy back in the role of Beth Harmon on their screens, after seeing a huge success of the limited series.

Netlfix hit “The Queen’s Gambit,” based on a 1983 book of the same name, followed Anna Taylor-Joy’s orphaned chess prodigy, Beth Harmon, who rises through the chess world while dealing with drug and alcohol dependencies. It also starred Harry Melling and Thomas Brodie-Sangster. Released back in October last year, it quickly became one of Netflix’s most-watched and hit limited series.

Also recently, underlined by its success “The Queen’s Gambit” bagged a total of 11 Emmys including one for Outstanding Limited or Anthology Series at 73rd Primetime Emmy Awards, beating off stiff competition, from shows including WandaVision, I May Destroy You, and The Underground Railroad. After this fans must have thought of a second season but as truns out there’s nowhere else to go creatively according to director Scoot Frank.

“I’m so sorry. I hate disappointing anyone, but no. I feel like we told the story we wanted to tell, and I worry — let me put it differently — I’m terrified that if we try to tell more, we would ruin what we’ve already told.”

However, this not the end for the team of the show though. As Frank and Holberg along with star Anya Taylor-Joy, guaranteed that they will be working together to bring another project to life.

Previous articleList of iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and WatchOS 8 compatible devices and how to download guide is here
Next articleTom Hanks’ Finch drops first full trailer will release on Apple TV+ on Nov. 5

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here