The official website, responsible for the T.V streaming of the anime series based on ‘The Blue Period’, the best ongoing manga right now, releases its first promo clip of the series showing its October 2021 release date and details about the five main cast members for the series.
Details about the cast:
- The voice actors for ‘The Blue Period’ anime series are:
- Yumiri Hanamori for the character of Ryuji Ayukawa
- Kengo Kawanisi for the character of Hiruka Hashida
- Hiromu Mineta for the character of Yatora Yagichi
- Yume Miyamoto for the character of Maki Kuwana
- Daiki Yamashita for the character of Maki Kuwana
- Chief Director is Katsuya Asuno(also directed read or die, Magi: the labyrinth of magic).
- Studio: Seven Arcs.
- Reiko Yoshida is the scriptwriter and editor(had also worked in Tamako Love Story and Liz).
- Tomoyuki Shitaya is responsible for the character design(had also worked in Bakuman., Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma, If My Favorite Pop Idol Made it to the Budokan, I Would Die).
Achievements of ‘The Blue Period’ Manga
- Won the 13th manga Taisho awards.
- Ranked 14th on the Kono Manga ga Sugoi male reader list in December 2019 and 15th in December 2020.
- Won the best general manga award in the annual Kodansha manga awards in 2020.
The of the ‘The Blue Period’ manga goes as: Yatora is a perfect high school boy with good grades and a lot of friends. Life is now just effortless for him making it dull. One day he goes to the art room and sees a painting that captures his attention making him familiar with this type of beauty and after being consumed by this he dives into the world of art and about to learn how cold and savage can this world be…
The manga was first published in June 2017 by Kodansha comics and its ninth volume was released on January 21.
We can expect a good anime series upcoming with some good character designs as shown in the above picture, and a good storyline about a boy diving into the world of art and going through his journey making us aware of the different aspects of that world.