As you can see in the above video, Triple H confirmed that a WWE Draft will be held later this year. Triple H also teased some major changes in the draft format, hinting at the possibility of RAW and SmackDown stars moving to NXT in the annual shake-up of the rosters. During his NXT TakeOver call, which was joined by Wrestling Inc.’s Nick Hausman and Justin LaBar, Triple H was asked about his shift in mindset with regard to NXT stars moving up to the main roster, mainly after the Black & Gold brand moved to US Network on Wednesday nights.
“That mindset has definitely changed. There are different protocols and procedures now moving around an NXT wrestler to the main roster. And you’ll see that in the upcoming draft later this year. “You certainly need to think a lot more about the changes now. “Triple H said.”Wrestlers now have the ability to tie up their runs on RAW and SmackDown or move on to a completely new brand with a different look in the NXT. Maybe refresh or try something different. You can start with another character and (moving to NXT) definitely gives them the ability to do that .”
Further Triple H said that with all 3 shows (RAW, SmackDown, and NXT)having their own prime time TV slots, and it is more critical to balance all three rosters rather than just taking talent away from NXT. ” For all 3 shows getting their own TV slots in prime time, all 3 brands are very relevant and you just can’t sacrifice one to help the other, You have to support all of the 3 shows” Triple H said.
The likes of Finn Balor, Charlotte Flair, Tyler Breeze, and Fandango have previously moved back to NXT after the runs on the main roster. Also earlier this year, there were some rumours of Randy Orton possibly moving to NXT to start a feud with Tommaso Ciampa. On which Triple H addressed the possibility of Orton joining NXT.